Help and Support for WikiTableWorks
Thank you for your feedback. Please continue to report bugs, which help improve WikiTableWorks.
- Q: How do I install WikiTableWorks for Google Sheets?
A: Installing the add-on is quick and easy.
- Q: How do I install WikiTableWorks-Beta for Google Sheets?
- A: You cannot. This is a closed offline beta version. There is absolutely no version of WikiTableWorks-Beta version available online.
- Q: I want to show the spreadsheet data without the gridlines. How do I hide gridlines on the wiki table?
A: Simply uncheck the Gridlines option in the spreadsheet's View menu.
The WikiTableWorks add-on supports this setting in the following way: hidden gridlines converts to hidden cell borders; visibile gridlines are rendered as cell solid borders.
The following video snippet shows you how to change the gridlines visibility setting:
- Q: How do I export a sortable wiki table?
A: Optionally, you can freeze rows prior to export. In this example, we will freeze two rows. The last frozen row will contain the column headers used for sorting.
Then, try using "Convert range to sortable wiki table" in the WikiTableWorks menu. This conversion creates a sortable wiki table.
The following video snippet is a demonstration:
You can copy and paste the exported sortable wiki table into MediaWiki, where the column headers become interactive.
- Q: Does WikiTableWorks support font colors and sizes?
- A: Yes.
- Q: Does WikiTableWorks support column widths and row heights?
- A: Yes.
- Q: Does WikiTableWorks skip the hidden columns and rows?
- A: Yes.
- Q: Does WikiTableWorks skip the rows hidden by filter conditions?
- A: Yes.
- Q: Does WikiTableWorks support individual cell borders?
- A: Not yet. Working on it.
- Q: Why is the default alignment in the spreadsheet not working in WikiTableWorks?
- A: Default alignment depends on spreadsheet and wiki locales. To override default alignments, you need to explicitly choose alignments in Google Sheets.
- I don't need a fancy-schmancy wiki table. I just need something with plain text. How do I get a plain wiki table? [BETA VERSION ONLY]
- A: Try using "Convert range to plain wiki table" in the WikiTableWorks menu. This conversion creates a simple wiki table, but ignores the background colors, font colors, and font sizes.
- I just need my wiki table to be sortable without all the extra formatting magic. How do I get a plain sortable wiki table? [BETA VERSION ONLY]
- A: Try using "Convert range to plain sortable wiki table" in the WikiTableWorks menu. This conversion creates a sortable wiki table, but ignores the background colors, font colors, and font sizes.
- The sorting arrows on the table headers disappear when a background color is assigned. How do you make them re-appear?
- A: This vanishing sorting arrows icon is known issue in MediaWiki software. The issue occurs whenever the "background" color style attribute is added to a table cell within the header rows. As a workaround, the exporter of sortable wiki tables in WikiTableWorks simply ignores the background color in table headers (which may be first row or frozen rows of a range).
- Q: How much does WikiTableWorks cost?
- A: WikiTableWorks is free.
- Q: How do I pay for WikiTableWorks?
- A: There is no payment required. WikiTableWorks is free.
- Q: Can I use wiki tables on GitHub wikis?
- A: Yes, but GitHub has limited support for the wiki table features on its wikis. For example, grid size and color formatting is restricted to the GitHub-specified style sheets.
- Q: The G Suite Marketplace version of WikiTableWorks is behind the Chrome Web Store version. When will it be updated?
- For now, we will only update Chrome Web Store version until technical issues related to migration have been solved by Google. Thank you for your patience.
- How do I remove WikiTableWorks that was installed from the G Suite Marketplace?
- A: To remove WikiTableWorks from G Suite Marketplace, visit the "Manage Apps" page. Click the option tab and select "Remove". Then, confirm to "Remove App" from the console. Learn More
- How do I remove WikiTableWorks from the Chrome Web Store?
- A: WikiTableWorks will not be listed in the Chrome Web Store, with other extensions and apps. If you installed WikiTableWorks for Google Sheets with the Chrome Web Store, you must remove the add-on from within Google Sheets.
- How do I remove WikiTableWorks that was installed using the Chrome Web Store?
- A: To remove WikiTableWorks from the Chrome Web Store, click on the "Add-ons" menu in Google Sheets and select the "Manage Add-ons..." menu item. In the Add-ons manager, click on the "Manage" button and select the "Remove" menu item.
- How do I revoke the permissions granted to WikiTableWorks for Google Sheets?
- A: You have total control over your app experience. You can revoke app permissions at any time from your Google Account.